Most people who have a blog are comfortable adding content to it. This can be content that is purchased or content that is written by the blog owner. However, most writers do not write blog articles that are search engines friendly.
Let’s take a look at the steps necessary to write a friendly SEO blog article!
1. The very first thing you need is a keyword list of longtail keyword phrases that you will be writing your blog articles from. If you do not have a list start by using the free keyword research tool provided by Google. Begin developing a list of phrases that are three words or longer to write your blog articles about.
2. Your title should contain your keyword phrase in it. Preferably include this as close to the front of the title as possible. In some instances you may want to title the blog article with nothing more than the keyword phrase you are writing about.
3. In the opening paragraph your keyword phrase should be included as close to the beginning of the article as possible. You can also bold this keyword phrase to add additional emphasis to it as a benefit to the search engines. This helps them know what your blog article is about
4. In the body of the article you do not want to include your keyword phrase again. A better idea is to use variations of it as they sound natural in the text you are writing. You can also include words that make sense in the context of the article.
For example, if your article was about dogs it makes sense that you would have something in there about cats. Search engines do not want to see your keyword phrase over and over, but rather they would like to see an article that adds relevant content and sounds natural.
5. In the closing paragraph again you should include the keyword phrase that you have in the title and introductory paragraph. Go ahead and bold it again for additional emphasis as some search engines spider from the bottom of the page up.
Blog articles only need to be 250 words or so as long as they provide useful content. You are better off to take longer articles and break them into separate blog articles to maximize the use of your time.
One final point we want to make is you should go ahead and bookmark your post using a submission website such as OnlyWire.com. If you have not joined the social directories that are part of the submission website you are using you will need to do that first.
Hopefully this article will help you understand the steps to writing an SEO friendly blog article!