A backlink is when you have your website URL on somebody else’s website. Backlinks are very important and the more of them you have online the more potential traffic they can bring to you.
Let’s take a look at 9 ways you can get backlinks and increase the amount of traffic coming to your site every day.
1. You are reading this article right now and at the bottom of it should be a resource box. The resource box will contain a link pointing back to the writer’s website. One way to increase backlinks is to write and submit massive amounts of articles to article directories online.
2. Write blog articles and submit them to social directories. This is known as bookmarking a blog post and is a valuable way to get a backlink pointing back to your blog. Social directories love these and so do search engines.
3. Post comments in other people’s blogs. Post only in blogs that allow you to include a link back to your blog or website.
4. Hang out and participate in online discussion forums. Include a signature file that contains a hyperlinked keyword phrase back to your website. These posts in discussion forums can stay online giving you backlinks for years to come.
5. Trade links with other websites which is known as reciprocal linking. You can speed the process up by joining a reciprocal linking company and finding hundreds of link partners to trade with.
6. Purchase ads in ezines that are archived on the Internet. These archived issues can serve as backlinks when your ad is published in it. You can purchase multiple ads with an ezine advertising companies such as HBAds and save money by being in multiple ezines with one purchase.
7. Send out a press release every time your Internet business has something new to offer. These press releases will contain a link back to your website that can bring traffic both immediately and in the future.
8. Purchase text links ads on other people’s blogs. If you get on a blog sidebar your link can end up on thousands of pages giving you massive exposure with one link.
9. If you are invited to write testimonials for a product launch do it. These testimonials can give you valuable backlinks and traffic as people read the sales page over and over.
This is 9 ways to get backlinks to your website or blog. There certainly are many more ways to do it and the more backlinks you have the better.